Vote for the forgotten cities in our Senate District: Santa Maria, Lompoc, Guadalupe, Fillmore, Santa Paula, and more.
- The California Democratic Party has passed dozens of legislative measures that seek to alleviate the effects of California’s very elevated cost of living and embarrassingly abnormal poverty, but they never get to the source of the problems: such as building affordable houses, improving our under-performing K-12 schools, giving our long-term workers a well-deserved wage increase and making California’s forgotten cities and communities more attractive to job investment.
- Our FORGOTTEN cities and communities are in need of policies for long-term employees who have not had a wage increase and need more and better jobs by strengthening education and occupational training to achieve independence and provide family financial security and opportunity. I will expand skill development, apprenticeship with vocational training and baccalaureate programs.
- Support for the American family as the foundation of our democracy. Support tax cuts and job acts which provide tax cuts for many families and increase deductions that will help these families get ahead. I will defend the dignity of life for every person and stop the long-term abortion of children who can feel pain in in their mother’s womb.
- An opportunity zone is an economically-distressed community where new investments, under certain conditions, may be eligible for preferential tax treatment. Opportunity zones are an economic development tool—that is, they are designed to spur economic development and job creation in distressed communities.
- Build first time homebuyer AFFORDABLE housing in exclusion zones. I will shred the red tape in order to spur construction. More than a quarter of the cost of building a new home is a direct result of regulation and this has slowed the pace of single-family and multi-family construction so that it cannot keep up with new household formation. Increasing the supply of housing by removing overly rules and regulations will reduce housing costs, boost economic growth, and provide more Californians with opportunities for economic mobility.
- Fix our under-performing K-12 schools. Results of the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) tests tell the same story of incremental growth they have been telling since the state began using the test to measure student performance under newer, more rigorous Common Core standards. Overall, we are doing a poor job of closing the achievement gap resulting in fewer high-wage jobs in communities and cities where these schools are located. I will tie accountability to funding.
- Support for all law enforcement personnel to help keep our state safe and prosperous for all. I am committed to combating crime and creating safer communities for all Californians. I will use the Revitalize Project Safe Neighborhood plan to reduce violent crime and support law enforcement ensuring they have the tools, training and information they need to protect our communities.
- Get HOMELESS off the streets. Too many people are on the streets for too long. The way forward is not housing first. The way forward is more shelters, more bridge housing and temporary tiny house solutions. I will get the Federal Government involved!